Circotica is an inclusive and welcoming home for the circus community in Aotearoa, and the centre for Circus Arts excellence and education in Ōtautahi.
Circotica Circus School became an incorporated society in 2018.
The purposes of the society are:
- To provide a safe, educational and enjoyable environment for the Christchurch circus community.
- To promote the artform of circus and its social, physical and creative benefits.
- To further build and develop the Circus Community of Christchurch.
- To create an inclusive environment for all ages, cultural and religious beliefs, abilities, genders, sexualities and ethnicities in order to increase community participation and well-being.
- To ensure a high quality of circus and physical education in order to enhance the well-being of our community.